One Pot Chicken and Linguica Rice
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
After a busy workday, this One Pot Chicken and Linguica Rice made in the Ninja Foodi is one of my go to meals that is super easy to make and so so satisfying. The chicken thighs are rubbed with spices like coriander and paprika and cooked until tender and crispy on top. The rice is very flavorful after being cooked together with the chicken thighs and sauted linguica. I highly recommend investing in the Ninja Foodi or any multiple cook function appliance. It is like having another chef in the kitchen. The Ninja Foodi was gifted to me by my boyfriend's Mom and I have used it multiple times every week for over two years now. It is a pressure cooker and air fryer that can also be used as an oven, steamer, saute pot, and slow cooker.
Why use the Ninja Foodi instead of a pot?
The Ninja Foodi allows you to be pretty hands free in the kitchen. No more watching over the pot so that the water doesn't boil over. Cooking in the Ninja Foodi is a lot faster with the pressure cooker function and the chicken skin crisps up a lot more than the oven.
What parts of the chicken can be used for this chicken and rice?
For this recipe, we are using bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs. I prefer chicken thighs over chicken breasts because the chicken thighs tend to stay juicier and I like the crispness of the chicken skin. For a healthier alternative, I recommend using chicken breasts or removing the skin of the chicken thighs.
What types of rice can be used for this chicken and rice?
I tend to have jasmine rice at home and I have also used short grain rice and paella rice. You can also use brown rice, just be sure to add an extra half cup of water to the recipe.
What can you serve the chicken and rice with?
Spring mix or baby spinach is a great addition to toss on top of the chicken and rice for a burst of freshness. I love squeezing some lemon juice on top and sprinkling some parmesan or feta cheese too. Hot sauce is always a good idea, the tanginess of tabasco pairs really nice and cuts through some of the greasiness from the linguica and chicken thighs.
- 1 link of linguica (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups of jasmine rice (rinsed and drained)
- 2-1/2 cups of water
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (About 2 lbs total)
- 1-1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 bag of fresh spring mix
- Combine the spices and rub all over the chicken thighs.
- Set the Ninja Foodi to saute on medium heat and put the chicken thighs in the pot skin side down. Saute until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes) each side. Set aside.
- Add the linguica and saute until golden brown.
- Add the 2 cups of jasmine rice and give it a good stir.
- Add the chicken back in with the skin side facing up and add 2-1/2 cups of water.
- Put the lid on and set the Ninja Foodi to pressure cook on high for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, release all the steam carefully using the release knobs and remove the lid.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes. When finished, the chicken will be crispy and tender and the rice will also develop a crunchy crust.
- Serve topped with plenty of fresh spring mix and your favorite hot sauce.